La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Okay... A Post has Vanished

I'm posting this to test if it also vanishes. It didn't but my other one did, so here I go again. I put together my monthly real estate mailing earlier today. It was a cute one (If you want on my mailing list, let me know. If you're already on it, you'll get mail on Monday). But part of the mailing was pretty serious. I did a quick market analysis to check out the absorption rates/inventory of homes.

My findings: LaVergne, Murfreesboro, and Rutherford County are a sellers market with a 2.23, 2.12, and 2.87 month supply of homes, respectively. In Smyrna and Nashville, however, it is a buyers market with a 6.72 and 7.29 month supply. That means that if you price your home correctly in the sellers market, it should be sold within two months (other items factor in, of course like condition, new paint, new carpet, etc.). If you sell your home in Smyrna or Nashville, the buyers market, it could take up to 7 months (especially if you price it high).

I haven't done this analysis with other counties, but certainly could if anyone was interested (let me know what area you want to hear about).

Add to Technorati Favorites