La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

KUDOS to Dennis Waldron

Alderman Dennis Waldron has stepped up to the plate and is the first LaVergne official who has responded our blog. I think his heart and mind are definitely in the right place to keep this community growing in a positive, organized way. Here's the letter I received from him by email (sorry if the paragraph breaks are off - when I pasted I lost them):

In 2004, I was elected Alderman of the city of La Vergne. I knew it would be a great opportunity to serve my community and a huge responsibility to serve a fast-growing city of more than 24,000 citizens. Not to mention nearly 160 city employees. With my family roots going deep into the La Vergne area and serving on the La Vergne Planning Commission, I felt confident that I was up to the challenge.

My first year as Alderman, I worked with council members to balance the budget without a property tax increase and helped pass a number of improvements some of which are already completed and others which are to be completed in the near future.

I have worked hard to keep La Vergne headed in the right direction and have kept La Vergne’s best interest as my priority.

Dennis Waldron
Alderman
City of La Vergne

Add to Technorati Favorites