La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Friday, March 31, 2006

American Cancer Society Auction

We held the auction last night for the Relay for Life in Smyrna. The attendance was disappointing, but we did raise over $14,000 again this year. I picked up a necklace made by Andre Norton, world famous science fiction author, for $10. It has about a dozen fresh-water pearls in it, so I'm hoping I got it for a good price!

I saw our LaVergne's city administrator while there - kudos to Mr. Mark Moshea for supporting a good cause. I didn't ask about the pink water, a city swimming pool, nor renaming the new elementary school because I didn't feel it would be appropriate. I focused on the good cause of raising money for cancer research. There was plenty of press, but probably only about 50 buyers. Those who were there got some pretty sweet deals, but some spent major dollars (the signed Titans helmet that went for $2200).

Add to Technorati Favorites