La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tee Gee's in La Vergne (review)

One day I was wanting some down home comfort food, and the Pea Pod Cafe was closed, so the family and I went on over to Tee Gee's Restaurant on Murfreesboro Road close to Sonic.

I'm always a little nervous when I walk into this sort of restaurant, because a lot of times, small little restaurants like this are populated by regulars who look at you funny when you come in. Like, "What are YOU doing here? You're not a reg." I was especially nervous when I drove up and saw the restrooms were on the outside of the building.

But I shouldn't have worried, the greeting I received was warm, and if there were any regs in there wondering why we were in there, they at least didn't stare. The decor is, well...acceptable. The tables were all spotlessly clean, and the menus were on the table when I got in there.

The food ranges from catfish to frog legs to hamburgers to breakfast food. Both times I've been there, the food was very good. The service was perfect, and the price was right. Both times I've gotten out of there with 4 of us, for less than $20.

Pros: Great food, great service, great prices

Cons: Restrooms on the outside, decor is not that great.

The Bottom Line: This is a great little restaurant. The staff is welcoming, they really make you feel at home. I'm not a fan of the decor, but that is very, very minor. The restrooms being on the outside of the building might be an issue, but I just make sure the kids all go before we go there.

Grade: A

Add to Technorati Favorites