La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Note from Mayor Elect

Mayor-Elect Ronnie Erwin sent me this letter, which I'm happy to post here.

I wanted to thank everyone who voted for me during this week’s election. I will work – to be best of my ability – to make La Vergne a better city for not only its citizens but for the city employees and those visiting us as well. Being mayor is a huge responsibility, but I believe we have the staff to take care of things in the manner they should be handled. I have every confidence that we will be working for the greater good.

I will have an open door policy and welcome anyone to call me with comments, concerns, etc. any time they have them. My number is 394-2821. If I don’t answer, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Once again, thanks to those people who voted to elect me as mayor of La Vergne. During the next four years, I hope to see even more improvements coming to our town in the form of upgraded infrastructure, new retail and restaurants and more. We are working for you the citizens to make this the best city to live in and hope that you will work with us to ensure the quality of life we all want for our families.

Thank you,

Mayor-elect Ronnie Erwin



Remember: Skate for the Children, October 10th, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m., Smyrna Skate Center. Or contact Kathy T. at 491-2161 to make a donation to the Christmas for the Children fund.

Add to Technorati Favorites