La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

We're Number One - District 1, that is

The Daily News Journal had an article today about incumbent Doug Shafer and his opponent Debra Heughan. Click here for the article.

I get so sick of politics because so much of the time, candidates get nasty - they work hard to build themselves up by attacking the character of their opponent. They beat the drum about why you should not vote for a person rather than what they can bring to the table. Well, Mr. Shafer will not speak negatively about his opponent, and that is something I greatly admire. He is a man of strong moral character to refuse this, even though I received a postcard from Ms. Heughan this week "shaming" Mr. Shafer. He has stated he will not and does not do nasty politics. I think had I not received the postcard and had I not seen her signs strategically placed to block his, I may have given her some thought as a candidate. But at this point, my vote is going to Doug on August 3rd.

Regardless of who you vote for, JUST GET OUT AND VOTE! Make your voice heard!

Add to Technorati Favorites