La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Where are all the Chinese?

I like racial diversity. I think it makes life spicy. I've recently bought in Lake Forest. Gasp, you read me correct! And you see, I've been hopeful about the houses that remained for sale on my street.

So far, things are well with the new neighbors. I have black folks behind me who are older and very nice. To my left or to my right there are white folks (none have children so far). Two houses to my left are Hispanic folk that are quite colorful and happy! Across the street and to the left there is a handicapped white fellow and to his right there is another black couple. And the other day, I think I caught a glimpse of my new neighbors. I had been hoping that a Chinese or Indian family would move in. However, I think this family may be white. Sigh... Where are all the Chinese people and can you please move to Lake Forest? Let's have a block party and cook up some Indian, Thai, Chinese and Mexican (food that is)... I'll bring the burgers and chips!

Labels: ,

Add to Technorati Favorites