La Vergne, Tennessee

La Vergne, Tennessee is one of the fastest growing communities in Tennessee (and probably in the Southeastern United States). A few short years ago, the population was approximately 9,000. Today, there are more than 25,000 residents who call La Vergne "home" and it continues to grow. This blog is dedicated to keeping our community updated on current events, and serves as a guide for restaurants, entertainment, schools, and more. Welcome to La Vergne!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Prank Gone Wrong

I'm feeling melancholy on behalf of the students who vandalized the high school football stadiums a few weeks ago. I know I posted that the students needed to consider their actions before pulling pranks that escalate from "pranks" to outright vandalism. $10,000 worth of damage to the LHS stadium and $2500 to the SHS stadium definitely rates as vandalism, destruction of property, etc.

Today's Daily News Journal said the students have been charged with vandalism, warrants issued for arrests, etc. Besides the legal ramifications, the students are being sent to the county's alternative schools. All this makes me grieve a little for those students and their families. I know I know I know they have to face the consequences of what they did, but I hope that after their punishment is complete, they can come back to their schools with a clean slate, that they continue to work hard to get into college, and enthusiastically (but not destructively) support their schools. Good luck.

Edit: Dear Anonymous, Thanks for the update... you're right. These particular students are not going to the alternative schools. But I still hope that when they come back from their suspensions, they come back with a better attitude. And I do hope that knowing future acts of vandalism will not be tolerated will be enough incentive to prevent it.

Add to Technorati Favorites